Group 2 (Screening and Mains) Course
Group 2 (Screening and Mains) TOPICS
- CURRENT AFFAIRS
- GENERAL SCIENCE
- SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
- INDIAN NATIONAL MOVEMENT
- INDIAN POLITY AND GOVERNANCE
- INDIAN GEOGRAPHY
- AP GEOGRAPHY
- DISASTER MANAGEMENT
- SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT AND ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION
- LOGICAL REASONING, ANALYTICAL ABILITY
- DATA ANALYSIS
- BIFURCATION OF ANDHRA PRADESH
- SOCIAL AND CULTURAL HISTORY OF ANDHRA PRADESH
- INDIAN CONSTITUTION
- PLANNING AND ECONOMY
|Paper - I|
|1||Indian History (National Movement)||Narayana Reddy Sir||25 Hrs +|
|2||Indian Geography||Narasimha Sir||25 Hrs +|
|3||Physics||Srikanth Sir||15 Hrs +|
|4||Chemistry||Srikanth Sir||15 Hrs +|
|5||Science & Technology||Prashanth Varma Sir||15 Hrs +|
|6||Biology||Vijay Sir||25 Hrs +|
|7||AP Geography||Srinu sir||10 Hrs +|
|8||Disaster Management||Goverdhan Reddy Sir||12 Hrs +|
|9||Sustainable Development & Environmental Protection||Goverdhan Reddy Sir||10 Hrs +|
|10||Arithmetic & Reasoning||Johny Sir||50 Hrs +|
|11||Current Affairs||Narasimha Sir||40 Hrs +|
|12||Data Interpretation & Statistics||Prashanth Reddy Sir||6 Hrs +|
|13||AP Bifurcation||Veera Swamy Sir||10 Hrs +|
|Paper - II|
|1||AP History||Ramana Sir & Basha Sir||60 Hrs +|
|2||Indian Polity||Basha Sir||60 Hrs +|
|Paper - III|
|1||Indian Economy||Sai Sir||50 Hrs +|
|2||AP Economy||Sai Sir||40 Hrs +|
Group 2 పరీక్ష విధానం
మొత్తం 600 మార్కులకు గ్రూప్-2 రాతపరీక్షలు నిర్వహిస్తారు. వీటిలో 150 మార్కులకు ప్రిలిమినరీ (స్క్రీనింగ్ టెస్ట్) పరీక్ష, 450 మార్కులకు మెయిన్స్ రాతపరీక్షలు ఉంటాయి. స్క్రీనింగ్ పరీక్షల్లో ఉత్తీర్ణులైనవారే మెయిన్స్ పరీక్షలకు అర్హత సాధిస్తారు. మెయిన్స్ పరీక్షతరువాత ఎటువంటి ఇంటర్వ్యూ నిర్వహించబడదు. అభ్యర్థులకు వచ్చిన మార్కులు మెరిట్ ఆధారంగా మరియు రోస్టర్ ప్రాతిపదికన ఉద్యోగ కల్పన జరుపబడును.
ప్రిలిమినరీ పరీక్షలో మూడుసెక్షన్లు ఉంటాయి. 'సెక్షన్-ఎ'లో జనరల్ స్టడీస్ & మెంటల్ ఎబిలిటీ, 'సెక్షన్-బి'లో సోషల్ & కల్చరల్ హిస్టరీ ఆఫ్ ఏపీ, 'సెక్షన్-సి'లో ప్లానింగ్ & ఎకానమి నుంచి ప్రశ్నలు అడుగుతారు.
మెయిన్స్ పరీక్షల్లో పేపర్-1 (జనరల్ స్టడీస్ & మెంటల్ ఎబిలిటీ), పేపర్-2 (సోషల్ & కల్చరల్ హిస్టరీ ఆఫ్ ఏపీ), పేపర్-3 (ప్లానింగ్ & ఎకానమి) విభాగాల నుంచి ప్రశ్నలు అడుగుతారు. ఒక్కో పేపరుకు 150 మార్కులు.
SYLLABUS FOR GROUP-II SERVICES EXAMINATION
Paper-I (GENERAL STUDIES AND MENTAL ABILITY)
1. Events of national and international importance.
2. Current affairs- international, national and regional.
3. General Science and its applications to the day to day life Contemporary developments in Science & Technology and Information Technology
4. Social- economic and political history of modern India with emphases on Indian national movement.
5. Indian polity and governance: constitutional issues, public policy, reforms and egovernance initiatives.
6. Geography of India with focus on Andhra Pradesh.
7. Disaster management: vulnerability profile, prevention and mitigation strategies, Application of Remote Sensing and GIS in the assessment of Disaster
8. Sustainable Development and Environmental Protection
9. Logical reasoning, analytical ability and logical interpretation.
10. Data Analysis: Tabulation of data Visual representation of data Basic data analysis (Summary Statistics such as mean, median, mode and variance) and Interpretation.
11. Bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh and its Administrative, Economic, Social, Cultural, Political and legal implications/problems.
Paper-II (SOCIAL AND CULTURAL HISTORY OF ANDHRA PRADESH )
1. Social and Cultural History of Andhra Pradesh: Geographical Features of Andhra – Its Impact on History and Culture – Pre-historic Cultures – The Satavahanas, The Ikshvakus – Socio-Economic and Religious Conditions – Literature, Art and Architecture – The Vishnukundins, The Eastern Chalukyas of Vengi, Telugu Cholas– Society, Religion, Telugu Language, Literature, Art and Architecture.
2. Various Major and Minor dynasties that ruled Andhradesa between 11th and 16th centuries A.D. Socio- Cultural and Religious conditions in Andhradesa between 11th to 16th centuries A.D, Social Structure, Caste System, Status of Women. Growth of Telugu Language, Literature, Art, Architecture and Painting.
3. Advent of Europeans- Trade centers- Andhra under the Company– 1857 Revolt and its impact on Andhra- Establishment of British Rule- Socio-Cultural awakening, Justice Party/Self Respect Movements- Growth of Nationalist Movement in Andhra between 1885 to 1947– Role of Socialists– Communists– Anti- Zamindari and Kisan Movements. Growth of Nationalist Poetry, Revolutionary Literature, Nataka Samasthalu and Women Participation.
4. Origin and growth of Andhra Movement- Role of Andhra Mahasabhas- Prominent Leaders- Events leading to the formation of Andhra State 1953. Role of Press and News Papers in the Andhra Movement. Role of Library Movement and Folk & Tribal Culture.
5. Events leading to the Formation of Andhra Pradesh State – Visalandhra Mahasabha – States Reorganization Commission and Its Recommendations - Gentlemen Agreement – Important Social and Cultural Events between 1956 and 2014.
6. Nature of the Indian Constitution – Constitutional Development – Salient features of Indian Constitution – Preamble – Fundamental Rights, Directive Principles of State Policy and their relationship - Fundamental Duties, Distinctive features-Unitary and Federal.
7. Structure and functions of Indian Government- Legislative, Executive and JudiciaryTypes of Legislatures- Unicameral, Bicameral- Executive – Parliamentary, JudiciaryJudicial Review, Judicial Activism.
8. Distribution of Legislative and Executive Powers between the Union and the States; Legislative, Administrative and Financial relations between the Union and the States– Powers and the Functions of Constitutional Bodies- UPSC, State Public Service Commissions, CAG and Finance Commission.
9. Centre- State relations- Need for Reforms- Rajmannar Committee, Sarkaria Commission, M.M. Punchchi Commission - Unitary and Federal features of Indian Constitution.
10. Amendment Process to the Constitution - Centralization Vs Decentralization - Community Development Programs-Balwantray Mehta, Ashok Mehta Committees 73rd and 74th Constitutional Amendment Acts and their Implementation.
11. Indian Political Parties- National, Regional- One Party, Bi-Party, Multi-Party SystemsRegionalism and Sub-Regionalism–Demand for New States - Sri Krishna Committee – National Integration- Threats to Indian Unity.
12. Welfare Mechanisms in India-Provisions for Scheduled Castes, Tribes and Minorities, Reservations for SCs, STs and Backward Classes- Prevention of SCs and STs Atrocities Act- National and State SCs, STs and BCs Commissions, Women’s Commission, National and State Minorities Commissions – Human Rights Commission- RTI- Lokpal and Lok Ayukt.
Paper-III PLANNING AND ECONOMY
1. Indian Economy and present status Socio- Economic - Goals and Achievements – New economic reforms 1991.Regulation of the Economy – Creation of regulatory bodies-NITI Aayog- Co operative Federalism and decentralization of financial resources – Lack of inclusive growth and sustainable development : causes, consequences and solutions.
2. Economic Policies Agricultural policies – Contribution of agriculture to India’s GDP – Issues of financing, production, marketing and distribution of agriculture. Industrial policies– Main features of industrial development in India – sectoral composition – Roles of private and public sectors in employment , productivity – Role of IT industries in development.
3. Resources and Development Types of resources – Physical capital and finance capital - Population- size, composition and growth–Trends; Occupational Distribution of Work force –Human Development Index as a measurement of development. Demographic Dividend.
4. Money, Banking and Public Finance Monetary policy of RBI – Fiscal policy – Objectives – Fiscal Imbalance and Deficit Finance –New Foreign Trade Policy. Current account imbalances; FDI. Inflation , its causes and remedies; Budget –taxes and non-tax revenue. Goods and Service Tax (GST)
5. National Income National Income and concepts – Gross Domestic Product – Net Domestic Product, Per capita income.
6. Economic Policies of Andhra Pradesh: Socio Economic welfare Programmes of Government of Andhra Pradesh. Composition of Population in Andhra Pradesh – Rural – Urban, Sex Ratio, Age Distribution.
7. Agriculture and Industrial Growth of Andhra Pradesh Contribution of agriculture to income and employment in Andhra Pradesh. Land reforms in Andhra Pradesh - Cropping pattern – Irrigation Policy of Andhra Pradesh - sources of agricultural finances -agricultural subsidies – public distribution system in Andhra Pradesh. Industrial Development in Andhra Pradesh – Growth and structure of industries – – Incentives to industries – Industrial corridors in and SEZs in Andhra Pradesh - Bottlenecks for industrial development – Power projects
8. Resource Development of Andhra Pradesh Andhra Pradesh Budgetary resources and constraints - Fulfillment of the conditions of A.P Bifurcation Act – central assistance and issues of conflict - public debt and projects of external assistance. Andhra Pradesh State Gross Domestic Product – Comparison with India and neighboring States.