1) Importance of Lettering and Numbering–Figure Sizes and Proportions IS Standard Practice. Construction of Plain Geometric Figures (Lines Angles, Triangle, Rhombus, Quadrilaterals, Polygon) Orthographic ProjectionRecommended methods of Projections as per IS code. Construction of Ordinary Scale–Plain & Comparative Diagonal, Vernier,& Scale of Chords. Drawing Plan and Elevation of Points, Lines, Surfaces & Solids. Conventional Signs and Symbols as per IS Code for Engineering Drawings and Buildings Drawings.
2) Drawing and detailing of (a) Brick arrangements – Various types of Bonds, (b) Stone Masonry & Stone Joints ((c) Foundations – Various types (d) Damp Proof Course & Plinth Protection(e) Roof types–Reinforced Concrete, Madras Terrace &Jack Arch,(f) Flooring types – Timber Flooring, Steel Flooring, Tile Flooring, (g) Arches & Lintels Carpentry Joints, Framing, Paneling and Moulding (h) Doors types – Paneled, Glazed, and Flush Door, (i) Windows & Ventilators (j) Pitched Roof – Various types – King post, & Queen post, (k) Steel Roof Trusses(l)Stairs–Various types – Wooden, Steel and Rein forced Concrete– Spiral,
3) Doglegged &Open Well(m)Single Storied Residential House– Plan, Elevation and Section(n)Cross section showing different types of Roads, Railway Track, Embankment and layout of Platforms(o) Different types of Irrigation Structures (p) Pipelines Joints Drainage Works, Manholes, Sanitary fittings, (q) Forms of Rivet Heads, Types of Riveted Joints, Standard Steel Section, Standard Connections.
4) Surveying of Buildings Sites with Chain, Field Book Entries – Plotting – Calculation of Areas.
5) Use of Prismatic Compass, Handling of Leveling Instrument – Differential Leveling, Surveying of Building Sites with Chain and Level for Calculation of Earth Work. Plotting of Longitudinal / Cross section, Drawing of Contours.